Water purifiers have become an absolute necessity in any home today, with growing concerns over contamination. It’s no longer a luxury as it used to be two decades back. There are many variants of water purifiers available in the market, depending on the manufacturer. Some come cheap and perform the most basic task of purifying the water; others are on the costlier side and come with added features like adding minerals into the purified water or adding an extra layer of filtration to give added assurance to users.
However, Under sink RO water purifier system does what other water purifiers do. The main difference is that these are installed under the sink. That’s why they’re called “under-sink” purifiers. There are three major categories of this type of appliance: reverse osmosis, ultraviolet (UV) treatment or radiation, and gravity-based systems.
The reason why some people choose to use an under sink water purifier is that they want to be able to provide clean and healthy water for drinking, cooking and other household activities.
What is Under Sink Water Purifier?
If you have been wondering what an under sink water purifier is and why you need to install one, this article will help you to get answers.
An under sink water purifier is a small and compact unit that can be installed under the sink. This device hides all plumbing line and works like a spy device in your modern kitchen.
Advantages of Under Sink Water Purifier
There are several advantages to purify your drinking water with a under sink water filter, here are some of them:
- Saves wall space and Counter-top space in kitchen
- High water flow rate
- No water spill
- Easy installation and maintain
- Low noise level during operation
- Ease to use right next to regular tap or under sink faucet
- Clean look & clutter free plumbing lines
- Purification similar to regular RO filters
- Pumps water even without electricity from storage tank
Disadvantages of Under Sink Water Purifier
These are some of the disadvantages of under sink water purifiers:
- Requires an electric socket under the sink
- Requires a plumbing inlet point under the sink
- Needs to be inspected for water leakage on every service intervals
Kent Under Sink Water Purifier
These three models from Kent are the best under sink water purifiers you can buy in India.
- The Excell+ model comes with an RO membrane which removes contaminants including heavy metals, chemicals, bacteria and viruses (up to 99.99%). It also has an activated carbon filter that removes chlorine as well as other odours so your drinking water tastes great.
- The Sterling model has two filters: a TFC cartridge that removes contaminants and a sediment filter to remove sediments found in tap water. Both filters are easy to replace when they need replacing which is usually once every 6 months or so depending on how much you use the purifier (the more frequent you use it the sooner they’ll need changing).
- Finally there’s the Star version which adds UV lights into this setup; these kill bacteria effectively making sure that no matter how long you’ve left your tap water sitting around before pouring yourself some nice cold refreshment from this system it won’t make you sick!
Best Kent RO water purifier alternative brands to buy in India
AO Smith Under Sink Water Purifier
The AO Smith X5+ and the AO Smith Z2+ are the best under sink water purifiers in India. These two models have been tested by many users, who have found them to be effective in removing harmful chemicals from tap water. They are also capable of increasing the pH levels and alkalinity of your water supply. By eliminating chlorine as well as other toxic chemicals like trihalomethanes (THMs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), these devices can help you achieve healthier drinking water.
The AO Smith X5+ is a five-stage purifier that works by filtering out bacteria, viruses, sediments, heavy metals and many other contaminants present in your drinking water supply. It uses dual media filtration technology to purify contaminated water effectively before it reaches your kitchen sink – ensuring that you get only clean drinking water every time you turn on the tap!
Havells Under Sink Water Purifier
The Havells UTC is a small, portable water purifier that can be installed under the kitchen sink. It comes with an inbuilt micron filter and three hardness stages for optimal purification. The user can choose from the different modes based on his requirement and start using it right away. It also has an automatic shut-off feature that helps save energy when not in use.
Custom built Under Sink water purifier
Custom built under sink water purifiers are designed and manufactured as per the requirements of the client. These countertop water purifiers are made of stainless steel and available in different capacities.
Custom built under sink water purifiers provide a better solution than bottled mineral water for storing and dispensing drinking water on demand. They also eliminate any unwanted bacteria, viruses, parasites and other pathogens that may exist in your drinking water supply.
Eureka Forbes Under Sink Water Purifier
Eureka Forbes offers a wide range of water purifiers under the Aquaguard brand, which is one of the most popular brands in the country.
The Aquaguard UTC comes with a RO system and has features like UV light technology and automatic flushing. It also comes with an air filter to remove impurities from water. The best part about this purifier is that it can be used for all kinds of water sources including municipal, bore well, rainwater harvesting and even lake/river water!
Other Under Sink Water Purifier in India
You may want to consider purchasing a water purifier that is imported rather than an Indian brand. These models are often more aesthetically pleasing, Comes with most advanced features. and they tend to be less expensive than their Indian counterparts. However, there are some downsides to importing your water purifier:
- You will need to buy replacement filters for the imported model, which can be difficult if you live in a rural area with limited access to technology or infrastructure.
- Many imported models come with sophisticated filtration systems that are not available in India and require regular maintenance by trained experts—something that may not be readily available on every corner of this country.
Which RO water purifier is best?
We can blindly recommend AO Smith Z2+ or Kent Excell+ based on positive customer reviews and good after sale service through India.
Cheapest under sink water purifier?
I hope this article has helped you to understand the advantages and disadvantages of under sink water purifiers. Custom built water purifiers are the least expensive once. If you want more information on under sink water purifiers you can contact us here. Thanks for reading!